Globalization is a very controversial issue today, and it is the trend in business and in government. Globalization is bringing various industries, from Defense, Telecommunications, Automotive and Technology together into one global marketplace. But, WHAT IS CULTURAL GLOBALIZATION?
Cultural globalization is the rapid movement of ideas, attitudes, and values across national borders. The process of international integration arising from the interchange of world views, products, ideas, and other aspects of culture. Advances in transportation and telecommunications infrastructure, including the rise of the telegraph and its posterity the Internet, are major factors in globalization, generating further interdependence of economic and cultural activities.
This globalization envolved positive and negative aspects.
- exchange of knowledge and information
- help reduce bigotry and discrimination
- smooth international relations as a whole
- unique cultural entities may disappear
- languages spoken by small populations could be at an increased risk of extinction
- specific values, traditions, and history of a culture could disappear
- threat of dominant cultures overtaking and supplanting indigenous one